- Core Clerkships (Psych, OB/GYN, Surg, FM, Peds, IM): a minimum of 4 consecutive weeks. Each week should contain a minimum of 37.5 hours (combination of structured learning and supplementary materials).
- Elective Rotations: a minimum of 2-4 consecutive weeks. Each week should contain a minimum of 37.5 hours (combination of structured learning and supplementary materials).
Together We Build Dreams
Preceptor Program Benefits
The Department of Clinical Education is here to help you experience the full spectrum of the medical practice, learn clinical practice, and determine your specialty.Apply Now
Join A Compassionate Community
You Belong Here
Joining this community helps you stay current with knowledge and best practice, connects you to the next generation of clinicians and allows you to contribute to the profession through teaching.
Foster a Spirit of Growth
Continue Your Medical Education
Your one-stop resource for online self-paced continuing medical education. We offer quick, convenient, clinically relevant CME and medical resources for physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, pharmacists and other medical professionals in a variety of formats that suit your schedule and learning style.Learn More
Frequently Asked Questions
Students can rotate with a partner or fill a portion of their time with supplementary materials.
- Noorda Library resources
- Noorda CME (including preceptor training)
- Administrative support for rotation scheduling by our clinical coordinators.
We can take your availability at any time. Please reach out to one of our coordinators.
- Family Medicine: Dallen James (email@example.com)
- General Surgery: Mandi Miller (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Internal Medicine: Mandy Jensen (email@example.com)
- OB/GYN: Yolanda Duerson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Pediatrics: Jen Pitcher (email@example.com)
- Psychiatry: Megan Collyer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Other Specialties: Clinical Education (email@example.com)
Yes! We love the idea of layered learning.
Yes, but the student evaluation needs to be completed by the Board Certified Physician.