Current or future Noorda-COM preceptors: Drop by this week to tour our building, learn more about precepting resources, and talk to our clinical coordinators, faculty, and students!
Visit Noorda-COM on Friday, June 2nd, and share your clinical advice with student doctors via in-person conversations or (pre-recorded) video.
Your experience is incredibly valuable! Come to Building 1 on Friday, June 2nd, to share your do’s and do “nuts” with students. Lunch and donuts will be provided. If you can’t attend in person, make a quick, informal video and upload it here.
Friday, June 2 | 12-2 pm
Share your advice in person or record a video for students to watch.
The White Coat Ceremony marks the beginning of your journey as a physician. It is a day to celebrate with your family and friends and your Noorda-COM faculty and staff. This event embodies the osteopathic traditions that will allow you to become the competent, confident, and compassionate physician to which you aspire to be. Using the attached links you will find important information about the White Coat Ceremony for you as a student and for your guests.
Join us on April 26, 2023 8:00 am MST
This controlled substance prescribers course meets the Department of Occupational and Professional Licensing requirements for physician license renewal in Utah and includes a summary of the November 2022 CDC Clinical Practice Guideline for Prescribing Opioids for Pain.
The following topics will be addressed throughout the course:
- Understanding the medicine to decrease opioid prescribing, opioid-related overdoses, and death
- Identifying methods for appropriate alternatives to opioids based on patient health situations
- Minimizing the potential for patients with history of substance abuse to misuse opioids
- Counseling patients and caregivers about safely using ER/LA opioid analgesics.
- Speakers will be Dr. Jon Benfield, Dr. Snigdha Ancha, and Dr. John Kriak