Join us on April 26, 2023 8:00 am MST
This controlled substance prescribers course meets the Department of Occupational and Professional Licensing requirements for physician license renewal in Utah and includes a summary of the November 2022 CDC Clinical Practice Guideline for Prescribing Opioids for Pain.
The following topics will be addressed throughout the course:
- Understanding the medicine to decrease opioid prescribing, opioid-related overdoses, and death
- Identifying methods for appropriate alternatives to opioids based on patient health situations
- Minimizing the potential for patients with history of substance abuse to misuse opioids
- Counseling patients and caregivers about safely using ER/LA opioid analgesics.
- Speakers will be Dr. Jon Benfield, Dr. Snigdha Ancha, and Dr. John Kriak